[Metadatalibrarians] Hamilton College seeks a metadata librarian

Shay Foley sfoley at hamilton.edu
Fri Sep 10 12:48:47 PDT 2021

We seek a detail-oriented, conscientious, and intellectually curious
individual to join the Library and Information Technology Services (LITS)
unit in the role of Metadata Librarian. The incumbent will support campus
and community research, teaching, and learning by working alongside
librarian and IT colleagues on projects that make our digital collections
discoverable. The Metadata Librarian creates metadata to provide access to
the Library’s unique digital collections, primarily sourced from the
Library’s Special Collections and Archives (SCA), applying national
standards to the description of digitized material. Under the general
guidance of the Associate Director, Digital Initiatives and Technology, the
Metadata Librarian creates and maintains documentation and best practices
for metadata creation for library digital collections.

LITS, and Hamilton College, have a strong commitment to the ongoing
professional development of its employees, supporting and encouraging our
staff to seek opportunities to expand and strengthen their skills. We are
open to remote and flexible work arrangements for this position.

For a full description and to apply please visit
https://apply.interfolio.com/94147

--
Shay Foley (he/him)
Director, Metadata and Digital Strategies