[Metadatalibrarians] Call for Proposals ALCTS Cataloging Norms Interest Group - for ALCTS Virtual Interest Group Week 2020

Liz Bodian lizbodian at brandeis.edu
Fri May 22 05:46:30 PDT 2020

****Please excuse cross-posting. ***

In light of this year's ALA cancellation, ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms
Interest Group (CNIG) invites speakers to present as part of ALCTS Virtual
Interest Group Week. The CNIG session will take place virtually on Tuesday,
June 9th from 3pm-4pm (EDT)

Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration,
communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of
cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.

We hope that speakers will pardon the tight turnaround time, but it's not
too
late to share your work with colleagues this June! We will be aiming to keep
presentations on the shorter side, 10-15 minutes maximum. We will be
available
to assist speakers with any technical concerns. We are very excited to be
able
to present a program this year after all. We welcome new presentations or
presentations previously presented outside of  ALCTS on any of the following
topics:
•       Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and cataloging
norms
•       Emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs"
•       Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
•       Changes in catalogers' workflows
•       Quality control and benchmarking
•       How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
•       Metadata records and elements in different contexts
•       Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
•       Cataloging education/continuing education
•       Cataloging department collaboration with other library units
•       Catalogers sharing public service responsibilities
•       RDA: integration of records, training.
•       Best practices for digital repositories

Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Elizabeth Bodian
(lizbodian at brandeis.edu) and Keiko Suzuki (suzukik at newschool.edu) by Friday,
May 29, 2020.

Proposals should include:
· Presentation title
· Short presentation summary (less than 150 words)
· Name, title, affiliation, and email address for all presenters

If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from
you!
Presenters will be notified by Tuesday, June 2nd.

Liz Bodian, CNIG co-chair
Metadata Technologies Librarian, Brandeis Library

(781) 736-4645
415 South Street, MS 045 Waltham, MA 02453
http://www.brandeis.edu/library
Pronouns: she/her/hers