[Metadatalibrarians] Metadata initiatives suggestions

Wolverton, Bob BWolverton at library.msstate.edu
Mon Jul 29 11:04:43 PDT 2024

Please excuse cross postings.

Good day, everyone.

I recently assumed the position of Metadata Initiatives Librarian at the Mississippi State University Libraries. It is an updated position and will focus on the use of metadata, linked data, Wikidata, and controlled vocabularies to help support teaching, research, and service activities by faculty at our university. I am currently compiling a list of possible projects and would appreciate thoughts from others who have been through similar metadata work experiences, including outreach to potential audiences. This can include projects that worked well and projects that perhaps did not work as well. I would also like to hear any suggestions about avoiding possible pitfalls in the project planning and implementation process.

Thank you for your feedback on these issues - it is much appreciated!

Bob Wolverton
Metadata Initiatives Librarian
Mississippi State University Libraries
(662) 325-0548