[Metadatalibrarians] LD4 2024 Conference: Call for proposals (deadline August 25, 2024)

Sasha Frizzell sfrizzell at binghamton.edu
Mon Jul 29 09:15:02 PDT 2024

Call for Proposals:  LD4 2024 Conference: Building Community for Linked
Open Data

Submission deadline: August 25, 2024

Submission form: https://forms.gle/jYXkFMYMVBVSYd6o7

The call for proposals for LD4 2024 Conference: Building Community for
Linked Open Data is officially open! The deadline to propose content is August
25, 2024.

The 2024 LD4 Conference will be held online from October 7-11. We are
accepting proposals for content in a variety of formats and we invite you
to submit your proposal to be part of creating this conference! By bringing
together a broad range of perspectives, the conference seeks to foster a
community of practice for linked data in cultural heritage institutions.

The conference will include activities tailored to all levels of experience
with linked data, with a focus on these main areas in understanding how we
can build community with linked open data:

   -

   (LOD + Cultural Heritage Institutions)
   -

      Developing a linked data strategy for an institution
      -

      Implementation strategies for libraries of all types and capacity
      -

      Managing Linked Data Ecosystem: who is responsible for data
      accuracy/how can we best feedback incorrect links?
      -

      Sustaining linked data projects after implementation

   -

   (HOW TO DO...)
   -

      New to Linked Data
      -

      How is linked data created (who, how)
      -

      Creating databases for newbies and "old"bies alike

   -

   (Explore LOD + Knowledge Organization)
   -

      Authority control in a linked data environment
      -

      Show & Tell (What are you working on)
      -

      Linked data and bias remediation work
      -

      Visualizing knowledge graphs
      -

      Presentations/ show tell case studies from small organizations

We are accepting proposals for content in a variety of formats:

   -

   5-10 minute lightning talks
   -

   45 minute presentation (inclusive of a Q&A portion)
   -

   workshop (longer form how-to's, show & tell, and participatory sessions)

We are especially encouraging proposals from participants from groups and
regions that are traditionally underrepresented in conferences related to
linked data in libraries and other cultural heritage organizations, as well
as proposals from early career professionals. Successful proposals will
focus on concrete ways that linked data impacts GLAM (Galleries, Libraries,
Archives, and Museums) institutions, and will share pathways that allow
others to participate in linked data.

The conference is an initiative of the LD4 Community <http://ld4.io>. The
conference is free of charge, and general registration will open around the
beginning of September. As more information becomes available, it will be
posted on the 2024 LD4 Conference Website
<https://sites.google.com/view/2024-ld4-conference/home>.

To submit a proposal, please fill out the form:
https://forms.gle/jYXkFMYMVBVSYd6o7

2024 LD4 Conference Co-Chairs

Mohammed Awal Alhassen, Dagbani Wikimedians User Group

Jessika Davis, Semantic Lab @ Pratt

Timothy Ryan Mendenhall, Columbia University