[Metadatalibrarians] ALA, Core, Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee forum: save the date Feb. 24

Biswas, Paromita pbiswas at library.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:59:16 PST 2022

Happy New Year,

The Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee (CRCC) is reviving it's longstanding, popular "Monday Update Forum." Previously held at both ALA Midwinter and Annual, the Update Forum offered a venue for catalogers and serialists to gather and share ideas and updates within the continuing resources community.

Past forums have included updates from CONSER, the U.S. ISSN Center, CC:DA, various PCC committees, and other programs of interest to the community. We will continue this tradition. Scheduled are: Regina Reynolds, Director, U.S. ISSN Center at the Library of Congress; Paul Frank & Melanie Polutta, both with Policy, Training, and Cooperative Programs Division, Library of Congress; Hien Nguyen, CONSER Coordinator, Cooperative Programs and Policy Section Head, Library of Congress; and Steve Shadle, Head of Serials Cataloging, University of Washington, who will present on the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).

With the move away from ALA Midwinter and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, CRCC has not sponsored the forum since January 2020.

We hope to reestablish regular forums and are inviting all of those involved with continuing resources to attend our online CRCC forum on February 24, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. PST (2:00 p.m-3:30 p.m. EST).

We hope to see you there and will have more specific information soon regarding platform and whether or not Core wishes to have registration.

Best regards, Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee:
Peter Fletcher, chair
Kevin Balster
Paromita Biswas
Dana Deseck-Piazzon
Sophie Dong
Bonnie Parks
Sharolyn Swenson

Paromita Biswas (she/her)
Continuing Resources Metadata Librarian
Resource Acquisitions & Metadata Services
UCLA Library
Los Angeles, CA | Gabrielino-Tongva Land
pbiswas at library.ucla.edu<mailto:pbiswas at library.ucla.edu>