[Metadatalibrarians] Deadline Extended - Call for Proposals: ALCTS RPLTS Interest Group at ALA Midwinter 2020
Sai.Deng at ucf.edu
Thu Nov 14 07:44:45 PST 2019
***Please excuse cross-postings***
ALCTS RPLTS IG (Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services Interest Group) is looking for speakers to present at ALA's 2020 Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, on Saturday, January 25, 2020, from 10:30 - 11:30 am.
The IG will be discussing training and professional development related topics pertaining to Digital Repositories (see below). Presentations addressing trainings, either on their formats, content, or their development and implementation etc. in this area are all welcome.
Each presentation can be allocated 15 minutes (full presentation) or 10-5 minutes (light presentation). Please submit your proposal by Sunday, November 24 to the Co-Chairs (davidian at rowan.edu<mailto:davidian at rowan.edu>, Sai.Deng at ucf.edu<mailto:Sai.Deng at ucf.edu>) or the online form (https://forms.gle/3QW8FKGfQ5sQpCnJ8).
Theme: Training Librarians and Staff Members to Work with Digital Repositories
Possible Topics include:
* Training designed for various digital repositories, such as Digital Commons, Islandora, CONTENTdm, DSpace, Omeka, Samvera etc.;
* Training on working with different types of digital repositories, such as open access, proprietary, data repositories and institutional repositories;
* Training developed in selecting, starting a digital repository or migrating to a different repository;
* Knowledge and skill sets needed to work with a variety of digital repositories;
* Training on value-added features, services and tools in working with digital repositories;
* Training on working with different types of materials (e.g., cultural heritage, data) in a digital repository;
* Training on system functionality, roles, policy and workflows in dealing with different digital repositories;
* Training on digital repository related services and collaborations on campus and beyond;
* Training cases and experiences on working with a wide variety of digital repositories;
* Training development for librarians and staff members to work with digital repositories;
* Digital repository related trainings developed by different libraries, organizations, communities or consortiums;
* Training on any other aspect of working with a digital repository, such as metadata, harvesting, aggregating, search, indexing, copyright, system management, customization etc.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
RPLTS Interest Group Co-Chairs:
Christine Davidian davidian at rowan.edu<mailto:davidian at rowan.edu>
Sai Deng Sai.Deng at ucf.edu<mailto:Sai.Deng at ucf.edu>
RPLTS Interest Group Co-Vice-Chairs:
Sherab Chen chen.1140 at osu.edu<mailto:chen.1140 at osu.edu>
Sofia Slutskaya sofia.slutskaya at library.gatech.edu<mailto:sofia.slutskaya at library.gatech.edu>
More information about the Metadatalibrarians