[Metadatalibrarians] Webinar invitation - JSTOR’s thesaurus: improving discovery on the platform

Kristen Garlock Kristen.Garlock at ithaka.org
Wed Sep 20 08:59:56 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

In 2013, JSTOR launched a new thesaurus tailored to the content in the digital library. Since that time, the thesaurus terms have been integrated in several ways to aid in discovery on the platform. We invite you to join Sharon Garewal, Senior Metadata Librarian, for a 30-minute free webinar on JSTOR’s subject thesaurus and how we’re using it to improve the platform experience for researchers. Sharon will cover the development and maintenance of the thesaurus, and will explain how we are continuing to refine and expand the taxonomy.

We hope you can attend!

Kristen Garlock
Associate Director, Education and Outreach
ITHAKA

Webinar details:

JSTOR’s thesaurus: improving discovery on the platform
Sharon Garewal, Senior Metadata Librarian, Taxonomy Manager
Two options for the live session: Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 at 2:00-2:30 PM EDT or Thursday, Oct. 12 at 10:00-10:30 AM EDT
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/3595867402054576898?source=meta

If you can’t make one of the live sessions, please feel free to register for the webinar and we’ll send you a link to the recording and accompanying materials.