[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Metadata Acquisition Specialist
katy.davis at libgig.com
Wed Nov 22 10:59:13 PST 2017
Apologies for the cross-posting...
LAC Federal seeks an experience Metadata Acquisition Specialist to work for a client in Beltsville, MD. The Specialist will support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing, annually renewed, full-time (40 hour a week; Monday - Friday) benefited position.
* Support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers, coordinates with publishers and other suppliers, and maintains records on licenses and agreements.
* As new metadata is received, the Specialist is responsible for reviewing supplied metadata for compliance with established standards and works with supplies to remedy noncompliant metadata.
* Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture or Information Management; MLS preferred
* Knowledge of XML
* Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed JATS, RDA
* Ability to identify errors in metadata
* Knowledge of library automation/cataloging platforms including OCLC, AGRICOLA, and Voyager.
* Excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Creative problem solving abilities.
To apply, visit: https://goo.gl/ygm5Lw
LibGig - LAC Group
Katy.davis at libgig.com
More information about the Metadatalibrarians