[Metadatalibrarians] Request To Post Recruitment, Latin American Metadata Librarian

Heath, Jennifer I Jennifer.Heath at austin.utexas.edu
Fri May 19 09:15:11 PDT 2017

Latin American Metadata Librarian

The UT Libraries (UTL) seeks to be a pre-eminent and active partner within the rich education and research ecosystem at UT through expansive collections and digital content, and with innovative services, programs, tools and partnerships. We help develop critical thinkers and global citizens who transform lives.

UTL librarians and domain experts are responsible for envisioning, designing, implementing, assessing and reporting on services and activities that support the goals and purpose of their specific positions. All are expected to function with a high degree of independence as well as in teams to ensure progress toward library and unit objectives. They are also expected to work in a collegial, collaborative, and professional fashion, and to engage in activities that contribute to the mission of both UTL and the University of Texas.

This is a two-year, Mellon-funded position. The Latin American Metadata Librarian will assist LLILAS Benson Latin American Studies and Collections in the implementation of post-custodial archival initiatives in Latin America, with an emphasis on human rights collections.

To learn more about the positions and to apply, please see postings:

Librarian I: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/170512010088

Librarian II: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/170510010086

UTL welcomes and respects all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and the services that we provide as well as in our recruiting, hiring and retention practices.