[Metadatalibrarians] VIVO Use and Deployment Survey

violeta ilik ilik.violeta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:42:30 PDT 2017

Hello all!

We are conducting a survey to understand how institutions and organizations
use VIVO or are planning on using VIVO. The survey should take about 10
minutes to complete if you are familiar with the high level implementation
specifics for your particular VIVO instance.

Please use the link at the end of this email to fill out the survey and
don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. We are
asking you to fill out this survey by Ju
​ly 26th
. At the upcoming VIVO conference, we will share the results from the
survey and discuss how the results can help inform or inspire questions
about future possibilities for VIVO and the VIVO community.

We are aware of several examples where VIVO is used not as a researcher
profiling system but as a means of aggregating and managing information
about the scholarly record or research metadata. Some institutions use VIVO
as both the means of managing information as well as the user-facing site
while others extract information from VIVO to display in different
front-ends. Better understanding the different ways in which VIVO has been
used and customized can help us assess what technological features and
broader infrastructure we should consider supporting natively within VIVO
as well as how VIVO is used within larger institutional ecosystems. To that
end, we are asking that you fill out this survey so we can understand and
better address your VIVO needs.

The Survey Team (alphabetically ordered by last name):
Mike Conlon
John Fereira
Violeta Ilik
Huda Khan

Please complete the questions below. We may contact you to follow up on
specific answers and/or ask additional clarification questions.

*VIVO Use and Deployment Survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTdIUfdbmMwomK9WJH4by6-M6wHIqcAhtueTtPHHdM7-lw-Q/viewform?c=0&w=1>*

​Kind regards,​
​Violeta Ilik​