[Metadatalibrarians] User comments on digital materials

Williams, Elliot D. edwilliams at miami.edu
Mon Apr 10 09:02:11 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Would anyone be willing to share any policies or workflows you have around dealing with user comments on materials in your digital collections?

We allow users to comment on almost all of the materials hosted in our CONTENTdm repository, and I am working on developing a more consistent approach to managing those comments.  I'd love to hear how others deal with user comments, if you allow them.  I'm less worried about spam or inappropriate content (thankfully, we haven't had much of that), and more concerned with how you respond to corrections to metadata or requests from users.  But I'd be glad to hear about any experiences people have.

Thank you!
-Elliot

Elliot Williams
Digital Initiatives Metadata Librarian