[Metadatalibrarians] Integrating the Library into New Methods of Research : a FOLIO Community Forum

Doreen Herold dok205 at lehigh.edu
Thu Sep 29 06:17:05 PDT 2016

Event: Integrating the Library into New Methods of Research
Time: Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 at 11:00AM EDT / 1500GMT
Register Here
<https://olf.webex.com/olf/onstage/g.php?MTID=e11674e337dd68582229bd8337d51cc7b>
The Forum recording will be posted here after the Forum

To a high degree researchers depend on digital workflows for discovery,
transformation and sharing of knowledge. Yet most of these workflows are
fragmented. It’s difficult to work continuously and cumulatively with
scientific information for individuals and even more problematic for teams.

The FOLIO project is exploring how we might support academic workflows and
new methods of research. How might we integrate fragmented micro research
processes for individuals for discovery and transformation of knowledge and
how might we help sharing and productivity in teams?

We imagine that it should be possible to link what’s happening in processes
across search, subscription, retainment, refinding, analysis and sharing of
scientific information and that libraries can play a central role in this.

The forum is the first public sharing of our exploration efforts and early
stage ideas. We hope that you’ll participate actively in the discussion and
help shape our future vision.

Please bear in mind that the content will be of explorative nature and that
we haven’t reached any conclusions yet about how this will influence our
project. The ideas we are wrestling with might however have far reaching
impact for our project and ultimately the role of academic libraries in the
future research landscape.

SPEAKER: Jacob Jaskov, Founder and CEO, The Behaviour Bureau

A confirmation email will contain access information for the event.

Please use the hashtag #FOLIOforum on social media for these events.

The Open Library Community Forum is sponsored by the OLE
<http://openlibraryenvironment.org/> (Open Library Environment) and is
governed by the Open Library Community Forum Code of Conduct
<http://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/?page_id=76>.

A recording of this Forum will be made available on the OLE website
<http://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/archives/184>

--
Doreen Herold
Manager, Library Technical Services