[Metadatalibrarians] Final call: CFP for ACRL New England Chapter annual conference

Annie Sollinger annies at library.umass.edu
Tue Nov 29 09:43:24 PST 2016

Call for Proposals

The Association of College and Research Libraries, New England Chapter (
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.acrlnec.org_&d=CwMF
aQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=8m7f9Fm5reVmWZTgQXW3CNOPebmphvV6maSpSucMsEE&m=
upvTxTpt2QtK0FMdg5kMFrQ-sOEE0thAX3Uo1p5spA0&s=IV2a2Yl7Z1sl6ph3XyDFm6Tycas7fR
ThXMw-p0TzHpU&e=> http://www.acrlnec.org/) invites you to submit a proposal
to present at the 2017 ACRL-NEC Annual Conference

Reframing Librarianship in the 21st Century

Friday, May 12 @University of Vermont Conference Center, Burlington, VT.
 <http://conference2017.acrlnec.org/> http://conference2017.acrlnec.org/

It is an era of reinvention for college and research libraries. Whether we
work in cataloging and metadata, scholarly communication, archives, public
services, instruction, or another area of librarianship, we have all heard a
rhetoric of crisis, transformation, and rapid change applied to our work.
The challenges we face have provided an opportunity to refocus on the
foundations of our profession: our purpose and our areas of expertise. In
reflecting on and redefining our work and ourselves, we are reframing
librarianship for the 21st Century. This exciting topic will be kicked off
by keynote  <http://conference2017.acrlnec.org/node/13> Suzanne Wones,
Director of Library Digital Strategies and Innovations at Harvard Library.

The Program Committee is interested in receiving proposals for
presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and posters that speak to the
following questions:

.         In this era of reinvention, how are we reframing ourselves, the
work that we do, and our libraries?

.         How are we communicating around this shift within our institutions
and beyond?

Topics might include, but are not limited to, the reframing of:

o   Our professional identities and roles within the library, on campus, and
in society

o   The development and provision of library and archives collections to
users

o   Cataloging and metadata practices

o   Efforts around diversity and inclusion in our profession and on our
campuses

o   LIS education: Are we graduating technologically- and
information-literate librarians?

o   Professional development, collaboration, training, and supervision

o   Research and publication in library and information science

o   Education and advocacy on issues of scholarly communication, copyright,
and licensing

o   Public services: liaison, instruction, and reference work

o   Data services and the library's role in research data management, data
education, and open data

o   Assessment, and our role in broader institutional efforts around student
success and retention, accreditation, and learning outcomes

o   The institutional context of the academic library, including
institutional structures, cross-departmental collaborations, and faculty
status issues

Staff, faculty, administrators, and students in all areas of librarianship
are encouraged to submit proposals.

To submit a proposal, follow this link:
<https://goo.gl/forms/DhpZH2UCJYCdXpeH2>
https://goo.gl/forms/DhpZH2UCJYCdXpeH2

The deadline for proposal submission is midnight on Dec 2, 2016.

Questions should be directed to the ACRL/NE CPC Programming Committee:
 <mailto:acrlnec-cpc-prog-l at library.umass.edu>
acrlnec-cpc-prog-l at library.umass.edu

Karin Heffernan -SNHU

Maric Kramer-Brandeis University

Mike Kemezis-Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Erica Cataldi-Roberts-MCPHS

Kathy Layer-Western New England University

Andrew Haggarty-Anna Maria College

We look forward to receiving your proposals!

Annie Sollinger

Digital Image Metadata Librarian

Image Collection Library

225 Bartlett Hall