[Metadatalibrarians] Job Opportunity: University of Virginia Manager, Metadata & Discovery Services

Roper, Jennifer O'Brien (jor2a) jroper at virginia.edu
Fri Sep 15 08:18:15 PDT 2023

The University of Virginia Library is excited to invite applications for the Manager, Metadata & Discovery Services (MDS) position. Reporting to the Director, Digital Strategies and Scholarly Communication, the MDS Manager leads a production-oriented team (7.5 FTE), oversees operations and workflows for MARC and non-MARC description and discovery for analog and digital resources, provides vision and shared leadership for the Library's Subject Access Enhancement Initiative with a mission to improve subject access to University of Virginia Library resources with a focus on under-represented and marginalized communities, and participates in regional and national consortia and initiatives.

We are interested in reviewing candidates with a broad range and combination of experiences, education, and qualifications. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and dynamic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every preferred qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.

The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are encouraged to apply by end of day on Oct. 6, 2023.

Please visit the application website for the full job description and further details:

https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Manager--Metadata---Discovery-Services_R0052860

Feel free to forward this information.  Inquiries can be directed to me at jroper at virginia.edu<mailto:jroper at virginia.edu>.

Jennifer O'Brien Roper
SILS '96