[Metadatalibrarians] Come learn about integrating Wikidata into your institutional work!

Jami Mathewson jami at wikiedu.org
Fri Sep 9 11:16:58 PDT 2022

Hi, metadata folks!

Wiki Education has a few open seats in our upcoming Wikidata Institute
<https://wikiedu.org/courses/wikidata-institute/>, and we're looking for
more participants who are eager to bring their cultural heritage or other
metadata into Wikidata, Wikipedia's linked data repository. If you're not
yet familiar with how librarians and other cultural heritage professionals
are using Wikidata, check out our recent post about how the staff at the
Detroit Institute of Arts has incorporated Wikidata into their work
<https://wikiedu.org/blog/2022/07/07/wikidata-at-the-detroit-institute-of-arts/>
!

In the 3-week training course, we'll meet over Zoom twice a week
(Mondays/Thursdays, 9:00–10:00am Pacific / 12:00–1:00pm Eastern) from
September 19th–October 6th. If your institution can't cover the full
tuition fee, there's a spot in the application to request financial aid,
and I'd love to bring a few of you into the Wikidata community, as we've
found a natural alignment with metadata librarians!

Hope to work with you soon,
Jami

--
Jami Mathewson