[Metadatalibrarians] Next LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group Call on Tuesday, September 6th

Hilary K Thorsen thorsenh at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 2 16:26:54 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

 We have our next LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group Call on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 16:00 UTC / 6pm CEST (Time zone converter<https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1662480050>). Dominic Byrd-McDevitt will talk about the Digital Public Library's Wikimedia program, an effort to provide national leadership around access and discoverability of digital collections by leveraging Wikipedia and its sister projects. 2 years ago, DPLA launched a digital asset pipeline to enable participating institutions in the DPLA network to share their collections with Wikimedia Commons. DPLA is continuing to innovate by taking advantage of Wikidata entities and Structured Data on Commons to continually synchronize data and improve discoverability. We'll discuss issues around large datasets, aggregation, reconciliation, and other challenges DPLA has faced.

The call details are below. Everyone is welcome to attend. If you aren't able to attend, the meetings are recorded and meeting notes are available on Google Drive<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JwTulCABs0TkGQDVSnYbIYEb7bC-j4-n>. To receive notifications about upcoming calls and meeting notes you can subscribe to the ld4-wikidata Google Group<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ld4-wikidata>.

The LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group is associated with the LD4 Community and investigates how libraries can contribute to and better integrate library metadata with Wikidata to improve access to library resources on the web. The Affinity Group calls provide an informal space to share information and learn more about Wikidata.

Call Details: