[Metadatalibrarians] Call for Discussion Facilitators: ALA Core Technical Services Workflow Efficiency IG at ALA Annual, 2022

Sai Deng Sai.Deng at ucf.edu
Mon May 23 06:49:14 PDT 2022

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

The ALA Core Technical Services Workflow Efficiency Interest Group (TSWEIG) would like to call for facilitators to lead roundtable discussions for its session at the 2022 ALA Annual Conference on June 26, Sunday, 4-5:00pm.

Housed within the Core division of ALA, the Core Technical Services Workflow Efficiency Interest Group provides a forum to discuss and analyze techniques, new developments, problems, and technological advances in the workflows associated with the evaluation, selection, acquisition, and discovery of library materials and resources.

For our ALA Annual session, we are looking for volunteers to facilitate small group discussions related to

Theme: Workflow Adapts to Changes in LOD, ILS or DEI Cataloging

Sample questions of interest include, but are not limited to

  *   Linked Open Data (LOD) and Its Impact on Workflow in ILS as well as Digital Repositories
  *   Establishing Workflow or Lessons Learned in Transitioning to a New ILS
  *   Adoption of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Cataloging and Its Impact on Workflow in Technical Services
  *   How Workflow Changes in LOD, ILS or DEI Cataloging Affect Our Users

Roundtable discussions are small, informal group discussions intended to give participants the opportunity to network, discuss best practices, and share information. Discussion facilitators are responsible for identifying and developing a topic, creating discussion questions, and facilitating a discussion. Discussion facilitators will also provide a quick report back to the larger group toward the end of the session. If similar proposals are submitted and accepted, facilitators may be asked to co-facilitate.

Those interested in participating as a discussion facilitator should submit a proposal that includes:

• The topic you wish to explore related to the theme.

• An abstract or a description that explains the topic.
• Three sample discussion questions.

Please submit your proposal to the Co-chairs by May 25, 2022.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

ALA Core Technical Services Workflow Efficiency Interest Group Co-Chairs

Sai Deng (sai.deng at ucf.edu)

Yan Liao (ylia at loc.gov)