[Metadatalibrarians] Position opening - Head of Resource Description Services at University of Wisconsin-Madison

Karen Rattunde karen.rattunde at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 7 11:05:16 PST 2022

Dear Colleagues,

The libraries at UW-Madison are searching for a new Head of Resource Description Services (PVL# - 248162-AS<https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/511706/head-of-resource-description>).

Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategy, the Head of Resource Description Services provides leadership and is responsible for envisioning, implementing, maintaining, and adapting standards-based production workflows to ensure the timely and effective description, classification, and maintenance of library resources. The incumbent provides strategic direction and management to facilitate the cataloging of resources in all formats, data maintenance and quality assurance, and related technical metadata production functions in support of discovery in a networked research library ecosystem. The Head of Resource Description will lead our efforts to address issues of inclusivity and diversity in the metadata we create and manage. The incumbent will collaborate with national peers to advance our work in discovery and preparing staff for a gradual transition to a linked data environment.

For more information and to apply for the position, please click on the following link: PVL# - 248162-AS<https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/511706/head-of-resource-description>. A cover letter and resume are required. All applications must be submitted through the Jobs at UW applicant system. Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to submit your materials. A criminal background heck is required.

The deadline for applications is Friday, January 14.

Best wishes,

Karen Rattunde

Karen Rattunde (she/her)

Digital Library Metadata Manager