[Metadatalibrarians] Reminder - Call for Proposals for Core Forum 2021

Amber Billey abilley at bard.edu
Fri May 28 09:50:24 PDT 2021

*https://alacore.org/forum/call-for-proposals/
<https://alacore.org/forum/call-for-proposals/> *

*Submission Deadline: June 1, 2021*

****Looking for Metadata and Collections proposals especially!*

The October 7-9 Core Forum in Baltimore will be our first opportunity to
celebrate the diverse and interconnected library work of Core members.
We’ll engage the collective expertise of presenters and participants,
facilitating thought-provoking conversations over two days of
presentations, tabletop exhibits, and poster sessions. There will be
opportunities to safely reconnect with colleagues during receptions,
dine-arounds, and in the uncommons space. We’re looking for proposals that
are thought-provoking and highly relevant to practitioners in the following
areas:

   - Access and equity
   - Assessment
   - Buildings and operations
   - Leadership and management
   - Metadata and collections
   - Technology

*PRESENTATION OPPORTUNITIES*

*Session* – Concurrent sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday.
Session presentations will be 45 minutes in length with 15 minutes for
introduction and Q&A. Presenters are required to present in-person and
register at the discounted presenter rate.

*Preconference* – Half-Day (3-4 hours) or Full-Day (5-6 hours)
preconferences and tours (off-site venues) will be held on Thursday,
October 7. Presenters are required to present in-person and a modest
honorarium will be offered.

*Poster* – Posters may be the digital equivalent of a print poster, a short
video, or recorded presentation. The poster session offers the opportunity
to share and promote work, research, and ideas across the Forum’s content
areas identified in the bulleted list above. Poster presentations will be
available throughout the Forum, with special time reserved for participants
to ask questions and engage in conversation with the presenters. Proposals
will be evaluated on the following points:

   1. Relevance to the Forum’s program tracks and audience
   2. Opportunities for learning and applicability to current library trends
   3. Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion

We encourage diversity in presenters from a wide range of background,
libraries, and experiences. We deliberately seek and strongly encourage
submissions from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color,
the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities. We also strongly
encourage submissions from public, school, and special libraries.