[Metadatalibrarians] Reminder: deadline approaching for the Call for Proposals for the LD4 Conference on Linked Data, July 12-23

Erik Radio etradio1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:51:57 PST 2021

Call for Proposals: 2021 LD4 Conference on Linked Data,

“Building Connections Together”

Submission deadline: Monday, April 12, 2021

Less than 2 weeks are left to propose content for the 2021 LD4 Conference!

The 2021 LD4 Conference <http://bit.ly/ld42021> will be held online from
July 12-23. We are accepting proposals for content in a variety of formats
and we invite you to submit your proposal
<https://forms.gle/h8BVmSHrre8h4Xsy7> to be part of creating this
conference! Successful proposals will focus on concrete ways that linked
data impacts GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums)
institutions, and will share pathways that allow others to participate in
linked data. We especially encourage proposals from participants, groups,
regions, and topics that are traditionally underrepresented in conferences
related to linked data. Even if you’ve never attended an LD4 conference
before, we strongly encourage you to submit a proposal. By bringing
together a broad range of perspectives, the conference seeks to create a
community of practice for linked data in cultural heritage institutions.

Conference themes

The conference will include activities tailored to all levels of experience
with linked data, with a focus on themes of:

   -

   Linked data education
   -

   Inclusion of diverse voices
   -

   Practical steps toward linked data adoption
   -

   Reliability and availability of linked data
   -

   Incorporating linked data into day-to-day library operations
   -

   Linked data advocacy

To propose an activity for the conference, please fill in this proposal
submission form <https://forms.gle/h8BVmSHrre8h4Xsy7> by April 12. The
Program Committee will communicate decisions for proposals by April 30.

The Program Committee will select proposals based on the following criteria:

   -

   Support of the conference theme and goals
   -

   Contribution to the ongoing linked data conversation within the GLAM
   (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums) community
   -

   Potential to encourage attendee participation and engagement and make
   the most of bringing people together “live”, online
   -

   Representation from groups, regions, and topics that are traditionally
   underrepresented in conferences related to linked data

Details

   -

   The conference will take place online, July 12-23, 2021.
   -

   The language of the conference is English, but there may be
   opportunities to meet in language-specific groups if there is interest.
   -

   The conference is free of charge, and general registration will open in
   May.
   -

   The conference is an initiative of the LD4 Community <http://ld4.io>.

Questions about the conference and this call for proposals? See our website
bit.ly/ld42021 or contact 2021_ld4conf_chairs at googlegroups.com

2021 LD4 Conference Co-Chairs

Xiaoli Li (University of California, Davis)

Paloma Graciani Picardo (University of Texas at Austin)

Elizabeth Russey Roke (Emory University)