[Metadatalibrarians] bibliometric tools?

Mark Muehlhaeusler mark.muehlhaeusler at aucegypt.edu
Tue Jun 15 07:07:03 PDT 2021

Dear all,

For a bibliometric analysis of faculty publications at our institution, I
would like to verify whether a list of publications (journal articles) is
available here.

In technical terms, I would like to work through a list of 2000+ DOIs, and
verify whether these resolve to full text access through our subscriptions.
Obviously this information is already available within WoS/Scopus, but only
on an article-by-article basis, which is tedious given the size of the
sample.

I have looked at several bibliometric tools out there (including
Bibliometrix/Biblioshiny, since I am most familiar with R), but have not
been able to find any that include such a feature (or perhaps I just can't
see it?).

Question: Are you aware of any existing tools? If not, how would one go
about creating a custom script in R, or Python? Any suggestions are most
welcome.

Best,

Mark Muehlhaeusler

--
Centre for Excellence for the Middle East and Arabic Cultures
The American University in Cairo, Libraries and Learning Technologies

ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0604-8075