[Metadatalibrarians] (*Better formatting*) Position Announcement -- Metadata Librarian – Baylor University

Evans, Bruce Bruce_Evans at baylor.edu
Mon Jul 5 11:06:48 PDT 2021

The Baylor University Libraries seek to hire a full-time Metadata Librarian. The Metadata Librarian creates, maintains, and enriches the metadata for Baylor’s digital, physical, and virtual collections. They serve in a critical role for making our collections discoverable and accessible using tools such as the library services platform (Alma), discovery service (Primo), and digital asset management systems (DSpace and Quartex). They work collaboratively with the personnel in special collections and the Digitization and Digital Preservation group in support of metadata needs and best practices for digital projects, publishing, and digital collection platforms and repositories. They bring and advocate for an inclusive, anti-racist, and anti-bias lens to the work of describing and creating access points to information resources, information platforms, algorithms, and systems. This is an academic professional position with faculty status that reports to the Assistant Director for the Cataloging and Metadata Unit in Library Collections Services.

Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.”  https://tinyurl.com/bugrtplace The University is recruiting new faculty with a deep commitment to excellence in teaching, research and scholarship. Baylor seeks faculty who share in our aspiration to become a tier one research institution while strengthening our distinctive Christian mission as described in our academic strategic plan, Illuminate (baylor.edu/illuminate). As the world’s largest Baptist University, Baylor offers over 40 doctoral programs and has more than 19,000 students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries.

The Baylor University Libraries commit to increase diversity and recognize, value, respect, and empower all members of our community. We actively challenge and respond to bias, harassment, and discrimination. We commit to a policy of equal opportunity to resources, services, and spaces for all persons. The library is a place where differences are welcomed, people are nurtured, all perspectives are heard, and every individual feels a sense of belonging (www.baylor.edu/library/mission).

To learn more about the above position, the university library, and Baylor University, please visit the appropriate URL: apply.interfolio.com/88611; www.baylor.edu/library; or www.baylor.edu/hr/facultypositions. Applications should be received by July 29 for full consideration.

Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled