[Metadatalibrarians] Job Opportunity: Technical Writer - Remote, USA or Canada
katy.davis at lac-group.com
Thu Oct 1 14:48:03 PDT 2020
Please excuse cross-postings...
*LAC Group *is seeking a *Remote Technical Writer* for a project outlining
metadata and cataloging standards and procedures for a world-renowned
media/entertainment organization. The Technical Writer will be responsible
for designing and drafting a comprehensive cataloging manual that outlines
all processes and standards for metadata compliance that will be used to
train catalogers, system users and support consistency within metadata
standards. This will be an ongoing full-time position and will be remote
anywhere in the US or Canada and will continue for up to 6 months.
- Lead internal discovery and documentation to create and deliver a
current state, user friendly, cataloging manual. This will be a dynamic
process with multiple drafts over the project timeline leading to an
agreed-upon FINAL master for delivery.
- Create, define and deliver details on the process and standards an
image cataloger adheres to including best practices for keywording, image
description, responsibilities/verifications, and how/where to locate
related information and documentation
- Capture, refine and include any in scope supporting documentation on
related aspects of the cataloging process, schema standards, workflow,
- Support cataloger and user training on the effective application of
metadata and the on-going adherence to established standards
- Refine protocols and punch list of procedures for content element
- Define and document metadata management tools and workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required. An MLIS
or Master’s Degree in a similar area is strongly preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in technical writing. Experience in
library science, media or archiving environment is strongly preferred.
*To apply, please visit:* https://lac.gp/2SgMbij
p: (323)302-9432 | e: katy.davis at lac-group.com
L • A • C G R O U P
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/katy-davis-006990103/> | Twitter
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please contact the sender.
More information about the Metadatalibrarians