[Metadatalibrarians] Important update about the LD4 2020 Conference

Chartier, Madison madison.chartier at okstate.edu
Tue Mar 10 14:53:46 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

We have been closely monitoring and evaluating the situation concerning the novel coronavirus COVID-19<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html>, and it has become clear that it is no longer logistically feasible or ethical to hold our in-person meeting as planned. After careful consideration, the LD4 2020 organizers have made the difficult decision not to hold a physical meeting at Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center given our concern for participants’ health and our institutions’ increasingly broad travel restrictions. We will shift the format of the conference to online presentations and discussion. Exactly which form this will take will be determined by the Program Committee in collaboration with presenters.

We are disappointed that we will not be able to meet in-person this year, but the health and safety of conference participants is our highest priority and we look forward to sharing the exciting program we’ve worked hard to develop. We will be in touch soon with further plans and next steps for participating.

Thank you for your understanding. Please direct any questions to ld4conf_chairs at googlegroups.com