[Metadatalibrarians] Job Opportunity: Media Resources Assistant - New York, NY
katy.davis at lac-group.com
Fri Jul 24 14:46:08 PDT 2020
Please excuse cross-postings...
*LAC Group* seeks a *Media Resources Assistant* for a prestigious news and
media company located in New York City (Manhattan). The Media Resources
Assistant is responsible for media software tools as well as a proprietary
(DAM) digital asset management system, to enter data, and create new and
updated existing asset records. This is a rotating schedule position that
could include day, evening and weekend hours.
*This is primarily an onsite position but due to the current Covid
situation it will be remote initially.*
- Screen various video formats for content and to identify persons,
places and other relevant information to the news archive
- Use various media archive software tools, as well as a proprietary
(DAM) digital asset management system, to enter metadata
- Create new and update existing asset records in the system.
- Create and affix labels, process orders for footage and transcripts as
well as physical media assets that may include videos, XDCAM and film.
- Fulfill as-needed search requests, including finding and sourcing
footage and content, often of an urgent, time-sensitive nature.
- Organize tapes and boxes of assets coming from other locations, and
generally assist producers and their assistants in locating library
- Process requests for assets to be pulled from storage locations on and
- Coordinate order processing tasks to assure that all materials are
being trafficked as needed and within the time frames requested
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is preferred.
- 1-3 years of digital asset, media or similar experience is required.
- Must have a good knowledge of historical and current events
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a
proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently
*To apply, please visit:* https://lac.gp/2D8MSWo
p: (323)302-9432 | e: katy.davis at lac-group.com
L • A • C G R O U P
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/katy-davis-006990103/> | Twitter
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please contact the sender.
More information about the Metadatalibrarians