[Metadatalibrarians] Announcing the OLAC 2020 Online Conference!

Ann Kardos annk at library.umass.edu
Tue Jul 21 08:52:15 PDT 2020

*** Please excuse the cross-posting ***

Save the date: OLAC 2020 Online Conference begins October 13!

Mark your calendars now for the first ever OLAC online conference! OLAC is an organization for catalogers who work with all kinds of non-print materials, including digital resources, audio/visual materials, three-dimensional objects, maps and more. Please join us as we celebrate 40 years of OLAC’s service to the cataloging community!

When: October 13-16, 2020
Who: Anyone interested in the cataloging of non-print materials

For more information, visit https://olacinc.org/2020conference/. Registration opens August 2020. Stay tuned!

Call for proposals: The OLAC Conference Planning Committee is seeking proposals for lightning talks and poster sessions at our 2020 Conference! Topics might include:

  *   Strategies for handling aggregated job responsibilities
  *   Techniques for articulating expectations and consequences
  *   Tools for keeping the library running with limited resources
  *   Aligning job descriptions with job actualities
  *   Methods for navigating through constant change
  *   Advocacy ideas for moving technical services forward as a profession
  *   Integrated Library Systems (ILS)/Library Platform Services (LPS) hacks
  *   And more!

The deadline for proposal submission is August 20, 2020. Applicants will be notified about their proposal status in early September. Please submit your proposals here: https://forms.gle/WfiyJLsge71jZeF59.

Cheers,
Ann Kardos
OLAC Outreach-Advocacy Coordinator

Please note: Due to COVID-19, the Libraries are currently closed. Information about our remote resources and services can be found on our website<https://www.library.umass.edu/about-the-libraries/covid-19-updates/>. I am working remotely and am available by email and Slack.

--
Ann Kardos
She/Her pronouns, please