[Metadatalibrarians] Job opening: Data Manager in Fairbanks, AK
edvorak at integratedstatistics.com
Fri Jul 17 09:04:44 PDT 2020
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Data Manager to support the
Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The Refuge encompasses approximately
19.64 million acres of land and water in northeastern Alaska and is
administered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) as a unit of
the National Wildlife Refuge System. Data management, defined as
documented, secure, discoverable, and accessible data products, is an
Agency, Regional, and Refuge priority. This work is necessary to ensure
the long-term integrity of data products obtained for the purposes of
informing sound management decisions for Arctic Refuge. The Data Manager
will assist the Refuge in defining and implementing data management
practices to support these goals. The position is based at the Fairbanks
FWS office; while it may be necessary to start with telework, the
long-term intention is to work at the office.
The Data Manager is responsible for these tasks:
* Function as a data management specialist for the Refuge.
* Work with internal collaborators to develop archive-quality metadata.
* Update and archive historic data and metadata to be in alignment
with current data management policies.
* Implementing the Interim Alaska Region Data Resource Management User
Guide, working with Principal Investigators (PIs) to complete the
tasks described in the Guide.
* Working with the Alaska Region Data Stewardship Team (DST) to modify
the Guide for externally-funded collaborators (non-USFWS PIs), so
that they can provide the data products and relevant metadata
necessary for Refuge management.
* Evaluating the progress of individual projects in meeting the User
* Working with Arctic Refuge and Regional staff to complete a
long-term plan to ensure continuity of this effort into the future.
* Performing other data-related duties as assigned.
The Data Manager should possess these skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental
Policy, Fisheries or Wildlife Management, or a closely related subject.
* Certification or training in data management, and its application in
natural resource policy (work experience may be substituted).
* Work history that includes developing best practices for field
* Demonstrated skill in implementing data management plans for field
* Demonstrated metadata development skills, R programming skills, and
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team, but also be a self-starter.
* Knowledge and/or experience of data management, input, and QA/QC in
relation to FWS field biology projects in Alaska is highly desirable.
* Experience in teaching and/or mentoring is highly desirable.
The position will be full-time, and the rate of pay will be $24/hr. The
position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated
Statistics website. To apply for this position, go to
https://jobs.intstats.com/JobDetails.jsp?jobListingId=260 or visit
www.integratedstatistics.com, click Employment Opportunities, click the
job name and click the Apply Here link.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age,
color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification
protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its
obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to
taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified
women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans,
veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance
with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents,
please email the Integrated Statistics office.
Integrated Statistics, Inc.
16 Sumner Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Cell: (508) 648-8308
Office: (508) 540-8560
Fax: (508) 721-6841
More information about the Metadatalibrarians