[Metadatalibrarians] REVISED Job Posting: Cataloger & Metadata Librarian
boykintd at lamar.edu
Fri Jul 10 07:14:07 PDT 2020
***Please excuse cross postings***
Lamar University’s Mary and John Gray Library is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as the library’s Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, the successful candidate will support discovery and access of library resources through the catalog and as a part of the team creating Lamar University’s first institutional repository.
With an enrollment of over 15,000 students, Lamar University is one of Texas’ fastest growing universities. The university has been nationally recognized for the quality of its core curriculum and the diversity of its student body. Beaumont is a Texas Gulf Coast city located between Houston and New Orleans. With mild winters and an exciting blend of cultures, it offers much to do with a wide variety of restaurants, museums, and arts venues. As the 4th largest U.S. city, nearby Houston offers an extensive range of attractions.
Among other duties, the successful candidate will perform original and copy cataloging using OCLC Connexion, RDA, LC Classification, create metadata for licensed and open source information resources available through the Mary and John Gray Library, oversee compilation of cataloging statistics, manage current print holdings records in the local catalog and on OCLC, plan and direct the work of cataloging staff, and write and revise cataloging procedures. This is a non-tenure track faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• MLS/MIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program and a minimum of 2 years of cataloging experience in an automated environment are required.
• Working knowledge of metadata standards and schema used to describe and manage digital collections, such as Dublin Core.
• Working knowledge of MARC21 bibliographic and authority formats, LC classification schedules; use, interpretation and application of LC Subject Headings (LCSH), FRBR, RDA, and emerging linked data standards.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new standards and technologies and a willingness to explore and implement new technologies, standards, and practices to enhance services and complete tasks more efficiently.
• Facility in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with the SIRSI/Dynix integrated library system.
• Experience in the use of MarcEdit.
NOTE: Applicants must apply at: http://jobs.lamar.edu/postings/8537
Previous applicants need not apply
CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential, proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.
More information about the Metadatalibrarians