[Metadatalibrarians] NETSL 2020 Conference Call for Proposals

NETSL Chair netsl at nelib.org
Mon Nov 18 05:09:18 PST 2019

The New England Technical Services Librarians (NETSL
<https://netsl.wordpress.com/>) mission is to bring together  all persons
in the region interested in technical services for the exchange of ideas
and discussion of problems.

The NETSL Annual Spring Conference will be held Friday, April 17th, 2020 at
the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.

We are seeking proposals for 60-minute breakout sessions and 7-minute
lightning talks for our 2020 theme, Under Pressure: Coping with New
Realities in Technical Services. Topics might include:

   -

    strategies for handling aggregated job responsibilities
   -

    techniques for articulating expectations and consequences
   -

    tools for keeping the library running with limited resources
   -

    aligning job descriptions with job actualities
   -

    methods for navigating through constant change
   -

    advocacy ideas for moving technical services forward as a profession.

The deadline for proposal submission is 5:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, January
16. Please submit your proposal using the form at
https://forms.gle/yRV4fq1iiiEsetyJ6  Presenters will be notified about
proposals via email in late February.

You can see titles of past presentations since 2005 at
https://netsl.wordpress.com/netslconference.

Please direct any questions to the NETSL Executive Board at netsl at nelib.org
.

*On behalf of the NETSL Executive Board*