[Metadatalibrarians] Webinar recording available: “Digitizing printed Arabic journals: is a scalable solution possible?”

Kristen Garlock Kristen.Garlock at ithaka.org
Tue Nov 5 11:13:10 PST 2019

Hello –

The webinar recording and links to related resources are now available for our session last week on JSTOR’s Arabic digitization project. We were very happy to have the opportunity discuss this work with Matt Miller of the Open Islamicate Texts Initiative, and to share our view that a scalable, cost-effective solution is possible. We look forward to further work bringing important Arabic journals to researchers.

Please feel free to share these links with any interested colleagues.

View the webinar recording:
https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/8454417987398565635

Download the white paper:
https://about.jstor.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/NehAward_PW-253861-17_JstorArabicDigitizationInvestigation_WhitePaper_20190329.pdf

Access the links and resources shared in the webinar:
https://about.jstor.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/JSTORs-Digitizing-printed-Arabic-journals-Resources-list.pdf

See upcoming webinars:
https://about.jstor.org/events/

Best regards,

Kristen Garlock
Associate Director, Education & Outreach
ITHAKA