[Metadatalibrarians] Registration is open for #FORCE2019 in Edinburgh

Violeta Ilik ilik.violeta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 04:21:59 PDT 2019

 Dear colleagues,

You can now sign up
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/force2019-edinburgh-tickets-61091464214> to
join us for the next installment of the popular, solutions-focused FORCE11
meeting – in Edinburgh October 16-17, with workshops on the 15th.

We’re meeting this year at the historic BT Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. So,
in addition to all the thought-provoking talks and sessions, you’ll also
have the chance to take in a little sport history.

We’ve announced two of our keynotes already – Arfon Smith and Rachel Bruce
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019/speakers/keynote-presenters> –
and the Program Committee
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019/committee/force2019-committees>
is hard at work on the rest of the program now.

If you’ve enjoyed past FORCE11 meetings, or haven’t made it to one yet but
heard it’s a great meeting, register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/force2019-edinburgh-tickets-61091464214>.
Early-bird rates are available until September 1.

More information is available on the meeting website
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019>. Questions and comments are
always welcome, to force2019 at force11.org

We’ll look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks!
Violeta Ilik
FORCE11 Fundraising Committee Chair
Sponsorship opportunities are available
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2019/sponsorship-opportunities>

The FORCE11 annual conference is a different kind of meeting, where
stakeholders come together – or scrummage – for an open discussion, on an
even playing field, to talk about changing the ways scholarly and
scientific information is communicated, shared and used. Researchers,
publishers, librarians, computer scientists, informaticians, funders,
educators, citizens, and others attend the FORCE11 meeting with a view to
supporting the realization of promising new ideas and identifying new
potential collaborators.