[Metadatalibrarians] Position Available: Assistant Director, Metadata Production (Cornell University Library)
jak473 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 11 05:51:41 PST 2019
Apologies for cross-posting:
Cornell University Library seeks Assistant Director for Metadata Production.
Under the general oversight of the Director of Cataloging & Metadata Services (CMS), the Assistant Director for Metadata Production (AD) provides guidance, expertise and encouragement to a unit whose mission is to enable and enhance discovery and access to library resources to meet the research and teaching needs of one of the nation’s premier universities.
Working closely with key stakeholders, the AD plays a key role in steering Cornell University Library’s (CUL) MARC-based metadata production. The AD supervises a unit responsible for cataloging at all levels (though primarily original) and in all formats and languages for Cornell’s subject libraries, including rare materials and music. The AD chairs the Cataloging Workflow Managers' group and engages in broader Library Technical Services outreach to units across CUL. Additionally, the AD will perform original cataloging within their area of expertise.
CUL is actively engaged in the development and implementation of the FOLIO open-source ILS as well as investigations of new models for identity management, linked data and additional areas of research and development; the AD will have the opportunity to engage in many of these areas and initiate their own innovative projects.
- Lead a team of experienced, flexible, and enthusiastic experts in resource description and access;
- Contribute to the advancement of technical services within an organization known for its dedication to user service and creative responses to workflow challenges, its innovative approaches to the automation of materials processing and its active participation in evolving domains;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the open-source FOLIO ILS, in which CUL is playing a major role;
- Engage in best practices for inclusive metadata practice;
- Be part of an organization that champions staff development, empowerment, teamwork, and practical innovation;
- Engage in collaborative initiatives with peer institutions.
Review of applications will begin 2019-01-22 and remain active until a viable pool is identified; early submission is encouraged.
For more information about this position, including required qualifications and to apply, see: https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CornellCareerPage/job/Ithaca-Main-Campus/Assistant-Director--Metadata-Production---Cornell-University-Library_WDR-00017423-1
More information about the Metadatalibrarians