[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Metadata Information Architect - Washington DC
katy.davis at lac-group.com
Wed Oct 31 10:37:09 PDT 2018
Apologies for cross-posting...
LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Information Architect to work in the Washington, D.C. area providing high-quality Metadata support. Must be able to pass a background check. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) 9 months long project with a possibility of extension. US citizens only.
* Guide the development of functional information architecture requirements for Web applications and search, with other team members
* Define, advocate, and apply the best business and user experience best practices at system and UI level
* Work closely with the content team to drive the content strategy for blog, website, video, social and other content forms with the goal of improving findability in the enterprise
* Develop and maintain current state and future state information architecture artifacts for conceptual, logical and physical levels of abstraction
* Develop and manage information architecture for search application, map metadata, and controlled vocabularies to deliver focused, relevant information via site search or browse.
* Analyze content and advice users on content and metadata to improve findability of content
* Develop search optimization best practices and strategies
* Analyze search analytics, develop actions to be taken based on user behavior and develop reports showcasing overall statistics and use behavior
* Establish information architecture metrics to analyze user behavior patterns that drive IA and usability improvements to the Intranet and the enterprise in general
* Implement/modify Best Bets, suggested starting points for search results
* Work with users on responding to inquiries about findability issues
* Troubleshoot findability issues and recommend actions to improve overall findability
* Perform relevancy testing and suggest changes for better results
* Work with users to capture the functional requirements
* Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
* Identify issues and opportunities for future search and taxonomy growth.
* Work with various stakeholder groups to articulate information requirements and build familiarity with information architecture principles and artifacts
* Create metadata, taxonomy, and search plans and collaborate with other enterprise architecture domains to develop comprehensive solution architectures that include the information perspective
* Experience with search engine mechanisms and functionalities, combined with in-depth knowledge of search logic and results yielded from a query language
* Experience in Office 365 or SharePoint 2016 is highly desirable
* Experience with using metadata, taxonomies, controlled vocabularies, and search standards.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Experience with Visio, web analytics and concept mapping software desirable
* The ability to use charts and graphs to convey core architecture concepts;
* Familiarity with concepts in economics and finance
* Experience in search services, and a strong understanding and familiarity with controlled vocabularies and the principles and mechanics of effective information management tools including taxonomy formulation, metadata development, navigation design, and enterprise search.
* Ability to balance business requests with users growing needs in the development and growth of taxonomies.
* Direct experience in conducting and documenting user research, including scenarios, use cases, personas, and wireframes.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong customer focus with a demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with business sponsors and technologists
* Excellent research and analysis skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to speak appropriately to a variety of audiences
* Good communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Adapts the content, style, and tone of communications to the needs of the audience; varies the language and business terms with different customers.
* Ability to think creatively about business problems and to connect research insights to business solutions
* Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience working in large organizations with geographically dispersed teams and complex technical environments
* Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitive to working in a multicultural environment.
* At least five years of related work experience
* Master’s degree in library, information or computer science-related field
* Creative problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, multi-project environment and ability to respond immediately to often changing business priorities.
* Must be a US Citizen
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/Vtkd5E
LAC Group<http://www.lac-group.com> | LibGig<http://www.libgig.com>
katy.davis at lac-group.com
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/katy-davis-006990103/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/libgig?lang=en>
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.
More information about the Metadatalibrarians