[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Metadata Specialist - Washington DC
katy.davis at lac-group.com
Tue Oct 2 09:37:13 PDT 2018
Apologies for cross-posting...
LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Specialist to work in the Washington, D.C. area providing high quality Metadata support. Must be able to pass background check. US citizens only.
* Develop metadata schemas to standardize the business semantics of our client.
* Work with various stakeholder groups to articulate information requirements and build familiarity with information architecture principles and artifacts.
* Develop meaningful navigation and information structures for departmental and Fund-wide websites
* Develop tests to validate the navigation structures with users and refine as needed.
* Create metadata, taxonomy, and search plans and collaborate with other enterprise architecture domains to develop comprehensive solution architectures that include the information perspective
* Leverage enterprise search tactics and best practices, such as Best Bets, for enhancing users search experience on the Intranet
* Identify issues and opportunities for future search and taxonomy growth
* Establish information architecture metrics to analyze user behavior patterns that drive IA and usability improvements to the Intranet and the enterprise in general
* Guide the development of functional information architecture requirements for Web applications and search, with other team members
* Provide expertise and advise on metadata structures and navigation elements that ensures correct and quality production of reports/ management information
* Experience with search engine mechanisms and functionalities, combined with in-depth knowledge of search logic and results yielded from query language
* Review and recommend information management best practices to meet changes in business requirements, business processes and technology solutions
* MLIS Master Library and Information Science preferred or strong Knowledge Management background with demonstrated experience may offset a Master’s degree.
* Significant expertise in developing, managing and mapping metadata for business semantics.
* Experience in developing and/or implementing navigation structures, content strategies, business process and systems analysis.
* Experience in the areas of content modeling and content analysis for both structured and unstructured information.
* Understanding of emerging information services/technology trends; Software as a service, universal clients, web services SOA, web 2.0/3.0, semantic analysis tools such as Smarlogic, Mindmap, thesaurus software packages).
* Knowledge of Unified Management Language (UML).
* Knowledge of a second language besides excellent command of English is desirable. Creative problem solving abilities.
* Ability to work effectively in a multicultural, multi-project environment and ability to respond immediately to often changing business priorities.
* Must be a US Citizen
To apply, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/yaqmjy67
LAC Group<http://www.lac-group.com> | LibGig<http://www.libgig.com>
katy.davis at lac-group.com
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/katy-davis-006990103/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/libgig?lang=en>
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.
More information about the Metadatalibrarians