[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Digital Projects Librarian, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Collie, Aaron A
Aaron.Collie at stls.frb.org
Tue Nov 20 07:47:45 PST 2018
NONCONFIDENTIAL // EXTERNAL
Link to posting:
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis seeks a tech-savvy Librarian who can bring energy and experience to enhancing the online presence of the foremost digital repository of economic, financial and banking related history in the United States. As a part of the Homer Jones Library in the Economic Research division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the FRASER Digital Library team works collaboratively to manage digitization projects, create and improve metadata records, identify materials for digitization, add materials to FRASER, evaluate impact and usage, and identify improvements and opportunities for strategic growth.
* Process and upload digitized and born digital materials to FRASER, create item and title level metadata, work collaboratively to meet high standards for image and metadata quality control, assist with project management activities related to in-house digitization
* Identify and implement improvements to metadata creation and curation, scanning and post-processing, and workflow efficiencies.
* Identify and implement repository functionality improvements in line with proprietary and open source digital libraries by working collaboratively with an agile software development team
* Write blog posts for InsideFRASER, maintain FRASER documentation, and contribute to marketing and outreach efforts
* Assist with collection management activities including on digitization partnerships and managing vended digitization projects
* Collaborate interdepartmentally to further strategic library initiatives focused on resource discovery, access, and repository implementation.
* Collaborate with library staff in other Reserve Banks; participate on Fed System-wide teams.
* Master's degree in Library Science or commensurate experience
* 2+ years Library experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of copyright and related issues as they support the creation and dissemination of scholarship (e.g., such as authors' rights, open access, archiving rights, institutional repositories, and scholarly publishing; knowledge of the associated legal issues)
* Familiarity with digital scanning operations
* Aptitude for learning new technologies; skill in critical examination of library trends
* Willingness to learn about users' research interests and anticipating information needs
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* Self-starter, independent worker, team player
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Familiarity with scripting languages and/or tools for data manipulation (e.g. OpenRefine, Python/PHP, XSLT, etc.) preferred
* Interest or background in Economic History preferred
* Experience creating, validating, transforming, crosswalking and bulk editing XML based metadata standards such as MODS and Dublin Core (or similar experience with JSON based metadata) preferred
* Experience utilizing APIs and web services to search and interact with third-party systems preferred
* Familiarity with methods for streamlining or automating metadata creation and management, using various tools for metadata manipulation and scripting preferred
* Travel (5%)
Ranked as a Top Workplace, The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees' diversity-in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds-are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about<https://www.stlouisfed.org/careers/ourculture/about-us> the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site<https://www.stlouisfed.org/careers/ourculture/about-us>.
W. Aaron Collie | MLS, CSM, CSPO, CSSP
FRASER Digital Library Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
aaron.collie at stls.frb.org
More information about the Metadatalibrarians