[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Digital Library Asset Management Assistant - West Los Angeles, CA
katy.davis at libgig.com
Wed Mar 28 12:02:21 PDT 2018
*Please excuse cross-posting*
LibGig, a LAC Group Company, seeks a Digital Library Asset Management Assistant for an academic library client in the West Los Angeles area. The position will be responsible for managing and maintaining the Digital Library's assets and accompanying metadata that reside within or are destined for the Digital Library's asset management systems and publication platforms. This is a full-time employment position.
* Responsible for implementation of workflows for ingest, arrangement, description, and access following Digital Library standards.
* Support the work of project managers on digitization projects, ensuring that projects follow best practices and DL standards.
* Check filenames / object models of digitized assets to ensure they can be ingested.
* Ingest assets and metadata into DAMS and related platforms.
* Check metadata for correct mappings, required fields, adherence to standards, etc.
* Manage files on networked file storage
* Coordinate QA of assets and metadata by DL students and/or project partners.
* Master's Degree in Library Science or Information Services is a plus.
* Previous experience with digital asset management solutions and workflows, preferably in an academic, public or corporate library environment is required.
* Knowledge of digital assets including ingest, storage, discovery, access, publication, and preservation as well as metadata standards, ontologies, and controlled vocabularies for describing digital assets.
* Familiarity with third party and open source tools for managing digital assets and repository software
To apply, visit: https://goo.gl/ufwF3n
LibGig - LAC Group
Katy.davis at libgig.com
More information about the Metadatalibrarians