[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Metadata Librarian, Washington DC
katy.davis at libgig.com
Tue Jun 19 14:39:01 PDT 2018
Please excuse cross-postings...
LAC Federal is looking for a proactive and energetic Metadata Librarian to join the Library Operations Team at an international organization in Washington DC. The successful candidate will be responsible for original and copy cataloging of materials in all formats. He/she will demonstrate a commitment to customer service and the capacity to learn new skills. This is an 11 months full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
* Perform original and copy cataloging including descriptive and subject cataloging and the associated authority work for materials in print or electronic formats in compliance with RDA, MARC, LCSH standards and local policies and assigns Library of Congress Classification call numbers.
* Create Cataloging in Publication Record (CIP) data for the new IMF publications
* Establishes new personal and corporate names and preferred titles, with appropriate cross-references for inclusion in the name authority file
* Proactively conduct quality control of existing metadata to ensure accuracy and completeness of information. This includes editing or updating bibliographic, holdings, item records and electronic portfolio coverage data, maintaining URLs, and updating local notes.
* Review or bulk edit ebook records provided by various suppliers to make sure their discoverability in the catalog
* Update and maintain circulation user records and policies in the Alma
* Record and report cataloging statistics in a timely fashion
* Back up interlibrary loan request operation, information desk coverage and other tasks as needed.
* Minimum of three-year professional cataloging experience with MARC, Library of Congress Subject Headings, Library of Congress classification, NACO
* MLS from an ALA accredited program or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Familiarity with RDA or other bibliographic description standards
* Familiarity with at least one library utility and integrated library system (ILS) and OCLC Connexion
* Ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of team
* Ability to be timely in responding to requests and attention to details
* Eager to learn new tools and technologies
* Experience with Alma, or Primo
* Experience with metadata editing tools, such as MarcEdit, OpenRefine, or strong Excel skills
* Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and projects
* Reading knowledge of French, German, Spanish and other languages is desirable
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/gN29Vz
LibGig - LAC Group
Katy.davis at libgig.com
More information about the Metadatalibrarians