[Metadatalibrarians] Job Posting: Senior Research Associate (Curator), Washington DC
katy.davis at libgig.com
Mon Oct 23 12:12:35 PDT 2017
Please excuse the cross-posting...
LAC Federal is seeking a Senior Research Associate (Curator) to provide strategic leadership and management of federal digital library and repository focusing on international aid and development as well as supporting areas. The Associate will lead a team of digital librarians, metadata specialists, and other supporting staff in developing a secure, trustworthy data/information environment consisting of multiple digital repositories and some physical assets. The Associate will be responsible for total lifecycle management of the repositories and will collaborate with contract and federal staff in moving toward a trusted digital repository that meets or exceeds OAIS and other standards for data curation and preservation. Work will be performed on-site at the client's location in Washington DC. This is a full-time contract, benefited position.
The Associate will function as a team lead and will be responsible for all the following:
* Day-to-day curation and management of multiple digital repositories
* Collection development and acquisition (accession/ingestion)
* Liaising with IT manager, data providers, stakeholders, users, communities of practice and more in developing and ensuring reliable access for authorized users
* Collection management including preservation, compliance, migration of legacy data/metadata
* Preservation and access relaying on the Open Archival Information System (OAIS) and the Trustworthy Data Repository Model
* Development and implementation of polices and workflows that apply best practices, standards, regulations, and agency policies to the management of the repositories
* Networking and collaborating with professional networks and communities of practice pertaining to data curation and management
Qualifications and Experience:
* Master's degree in library or information science, information management, computer science, the sciences or other relevant field. PhD is preferred.
* Experience in developing and implementing policies, workflows, and procedures for managing digital repositories
* 8+ years' experience working in a federal digital library and repository
* Knowledge of international development and relevant scientific research processes
* Strong understanding of national and academic library/information science standards for digital resources and metadata across multiple media formats, including OAIS.
* Detailed understanding of digital library/repository development, management and operations, data and metadata standards and preservation, and research from primary data.
* Proven ability to manage teams of librarians, metadata specialists, researchers, and more
* Understanding of Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* U.S. citizenship required
* Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/FcskRo
More information about the Metadatalibrarians