[Metadatalibrarians] Call for Proposals: Cataloging Norms Interest Group, Mid-Winter 2018
pch36 at case.edu
Wed Oct 25 06:17:03 PDT 2017
*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present
at ALA Midwinter in
Denver on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) offers a forum for the exploration,
communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices
on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows
in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging
managers and administrators, and be approximately 15
minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for
questions and discussion.
Past and suggested topics:
· Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and
· Emerging concepts and implementations of "next
· Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
· Changes in catalogers' workflows
· Quality control and benchmarking
· How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
· Metadata records and elements in different contexts
· Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
· Cataloging education/continuing education
· Cataloging department collaboration with other library units
· Catalogers sharing public service responsibilities
· RDA: integration of records, training
· Best practices for digital repositories
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Debra Skinner (
dskinner at georgiasouthern.edu
and Lizz Bridges (ebridges at txwes.edu) by *Tuesday, October 31**st**, 2017*.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward
to hearing from you!
Paul Heyde, MLS, MA
Team Leader, Acquisitions & Metadata Services
Kelvin Smith Library
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106
paul.heyde at case.edu | (216) 368-6599
More information about the Metadatalibrarians