[Metadatalibrarians] Research - Linked Data for Libraries, Archives and other Cultural Heritage Institutions

McKenna Lucy Mary mckennl3 at tcd.ie
Tue Oct 24 09:03:49 PDT 2017

Hello,

My name is Lucy McKenna and I am a PhD student in Trinity College Dublin. My PhD is focused on the use of Linked Data in the library and cultural heritage domain. I am currently in the process of distributing an online questionnaire, the aim of which is to investigate the types of cataloguing interfaces used in libraries and other cultural heritage institutions, as well as to explore the views of librarians and related professionals on the use of Linked Data in the library and the cultural heritage domains.

Suitable participants for this questionnaire are people with:
-  experience working on a Linked Data project in a cultural heritage institution such as a library, archive or museum;
-  or experience cataloguing library or cultural heritage metadata;
-  or research experience in library science, linked data, or the cultural heritage domain.

The goal of my research is to develop a bespoke tool for librarians and related professionals that would allow them to interlink Linked Data sets, thus any input from suitable participants would be greatly valued. Participants do not have to be in any way familiar with Linked data in order to complete the questionnaire.

If you would like to participate in this research, please follow this link to access the questionnaire: https://goo.gl/gbGZ1v

Thank you,

Lucy