[Metadatalibrarians] Call for proposals: Library Linked Data Interest Group, ALA Midwinter 2018

Washington, Anne M awashin8 at Central.UH.EDU
Fri Oct 20 13:23:34 PDT 2017

*Please excuse cross-postings.*
The ALCTS/LITA Library Linked Data Interest Group (LLD-IG) seeks proposals for its meeting on Saturday, February 10th at 8:30-10:00 AM during the 2018 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver, Colorado. LLD-IG facilitates active conversation among librarians and information professionals to discuss projects, ideas, and practical use cases related to library linked data.

Our Midwinter session will focus on linked data name authority projects. We welcome proposals that offer insight into the development and/or use of linked data name thesauri and encourage audience participation and discussion.

Possible topics include (but are not limited to):

*         Development of local authority applications

*         Implementation of linked data name thesauri into cataloging or metadata workflows

*         Collaborative linked data name thesaurus projects

Please email proposals to Anne Washington (awashington at uh.edu) and Scott Carlson (sjc5 at rice.edu) by Wednesday, November 15th. Your proposal should include:

*         Proposal title

*         Proposal description (up to 150 words)

*         Name and position of presenter
We will notify you by Wednesday, November 29th if your proposal has been accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,

Anne Washington (Co-chair) and Scott Carlson (Co-chair)

Anne Washington, Metadata Librarian
University Libraries
University of Houston
713-743-3038