[Metadatalibrarians] Call for Proposals: Cataloging Norms Interest Group, Mid-Winter 2018
pch36 at case.edu
Thu Oct 5 07:37:37 PDT 2017
*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers t
o present at ALA Midwinter in Atlanta on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) offers a forum for th
e exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best
practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and
workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalog
ers, cataloging managers and administrators, and be approxim
ately 15 minutes in length. Additional time will be
allowed for questions and discussion.
Past and suggested topics:
- Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and cata
- Emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs"
- Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
- Changes in catalogers' workflows
- Quality control and benchmarking
- How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
- Metadata records and elements in different contexts
- Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
- Cataloging education/continuing education
- Cataloging department collaboration with other library units
- Catalogers sharing public service responsibilities
- RDA: integration of records, training
- Best practices for digital repositories
Please email proposal abstracts to co-chairs Debra Skinner (
*dskinner at georgiasouthern.ed**u*
and Lizz Bridges (*ebridges at txwes.ed**u* <ebridges at txwes.edu>) by *Friday*
*,* *Octobe**r** 3**1**s**t**,* *201**7*.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to
hearing from you!
Paul Heyde, MLS, MA
Team Leader, Acquisitions & Metadata Services
Kelvin Smith Library
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106
paul.heyde at case.edu | (216) 368-6599
More information about the Metadatalibrarians