[Metadatalibrarians] Reminder: Call For Proposals: Linked Library Data Interest Group Session at 2017 Annual Conference
Washington, Anne M
awashin8 at Central.UH.EDU
Thu May 11 06:30:19 PDT 2017
*Please excuse cross-postings.*
The ALCTS/LITA Library Linked Data Interest Group (LLD-IG) seeks proposals for its meeting on Saturday, June 24th at 8:30-10:00 AM during the 2017 ALA Annual Conference in Chicago. LLD-IG facilitates active conversation among librarians and information professionals to discuss projects, ideas, and practical use cases related to library linked data. We welcome proposals that offer practical applications of library linked data and encourage audience participation and discussion.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
* Linked data projects in libraries, museums, archives, and other information communities.
* Developing tools to support cataloging, organizing, browsing, and discovering resources using linked data.
* Developing ontologies or linked data applications.
* Collaborative linked data projects among diverse communities.
* LOD and Administration (linked data from library administrators' viewpoints)
Please email proposals to Anne Washington (awashington at uh.edu<mailto:awashington at uh.edu>) and Jee Davis (jeehyun.davis at villanova.edu<mailto:jeehyun.davis at villanova.edu>) by Wednesday, May 17th, 2017. Your proposal should include:
* Proposal title
* Proposal description (up to 150 words)
* Name and position of presenter
We will notify you by Wednesday, Friday, May 26th, 2017 if your proposal has been accepted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Anne Washington (Co-chair) and Jee Davis (Co-chair)
Anne Washington, Metadata Librarian
University of Houston
awashington at uh.edu<mailto:awashington at uh.edu>
More information about the Metadatalibrarians