[Metadatalibrarians] Job posting: Digital Curation Librarian - University of Utah
Anna L Neatrour
anna.neatrour at utah.edu
Fri Aug 18 07:58:48 PDT 2017
Digital Curation Librarian
The J. Willard Marriott Library is seeking a Digital Curation Librarian to support ongoing and emerging initiatives in the digital library program at the University of Utah. The position is located in the Digital Library Services department, which provides services for digitization, creation of descriptive metadata, preservation, and discovery of digital collections. The Marriott Library is home to a large-scale statewide digital newspapers program, Utah Digital Newspapers (https://digitalnewspapers.org/), containing over 20 million newspaper articles, and Digital Collections (https://collections.lib.utah.edu/) with over 700,000 digital items, including collections provided by external partners at the University of Utah as well as a variety of state agencies and local cultural heritage institutions.
The Marriott Library requires all tenure-track faculty to engage in significant research activity that produces scholarship which contributes to the national and international conversation in the library field.
The Marriott Library is a member of the ACRL Diversity Alliance, a program uniting academic libraries who share a commitment to increase the hiring pipeline of qualified, talented individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
* Descriptive metadata creation for new collections in the Digital Library, creating new metadata records using Dublin Core, the Mountain West Digital Library Metadata Application Profile, and/or other metadata standards
* Wrangle existing data, in spreadsheets or EAD Finding Aids to repurpose data programmatically, reducing the amount of manual work spent on metadata creation and improving efficiencies for metadata creation in Digital Library Services.
* Audit metadata from existing collections to identify clean-up projects and improve consistency in the Digital Library
* Supervise part-time metadata staff
* Support new initiatives for digital library work by consulting on a variety of projects for different departments, both in the library and on campus
* Engage in scholarship or creative activities consistent with the mission of the University and specific position responsibilities
* Serve on library and university committees
All faculty librarians serve the needs of University faculty, staff, and students along with members of the local community. Work across organizational lines is encouraged to support and strengthen all services in the Marriott Library. The Digital Curation Librarian will assist with implementing the Marriott Library's Strategic Directions and will be expected to be professionally active through participation in appropriate professional societies and through research and publication.
For full information and to apply, please visit: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/67691
Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Utah Marriott Library
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-8007-9940
Program Co-Chair, ALCTS Metadata Interest Group
More information about the Metadatalibrarians