[Metadatalibrarians] Scholarly Communication Core Competencies Task Force Invites Feedback at NASIG Conference

publicist at nasig.org publicist at nasig.org
Fri Apr 28 10:04:28 PDT 2017

The Scholarly Communication Librarian Core Competencies Task Force has completed a board-reviewed draft of core competencies. The Task Force intends to present its findings at the Members Forum (Saturday, June 10, 4:30-5:30) during the upcoming annual conference. All NASIG Conference attendees are welcome to offer comments, criticism, or other feedback. We hope you can make it, as we expect a lively discussion with a lot of participation. If you are unable to join us at the conference, though, or would otherwise prefer to submit feedback electronically, you may submit to [ core-comp at nasig.org ]( mailto:core-comp at nasig.org ) until June 8th, 2017.

The Core Competencies (available at [ http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=310&pk_association_webpage=9435 ]( http://www.nasig.org/site_page.cfm?pk_association_webpage_menu=310&pk_association_webpage=9435 )) reflect the facts that scholarly communication positions are broad, varied, and subject to the specific existing staffing, organizational goals, and institutional culture in which the position is embedded. Through extensive investigation into recent job advertisements, position descriptions, and continuing education opportunities, the task force identified four themes common to all scholarly communication librarians and five areas of potential emphasis within this broad and often amorphous field. We thank you for your input.

On behalf of the NASIG Core Competencies for Scholarly Communication Librarians Task Force

Leigh Ann DePope
Publicist, NASIG, Inc.
publicist at nasig.org | @NASIG
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Established in 1985, NASIG is an independent non-profit organization working to advance and transform the management of information resources in all formats and business models. For more information about NASIG and our member opportunities, please visit http://www.nasig.org/.