[Metadatalibrarians] Reminder: Call for Proposal: ALA Annual 2017 ALCTS CaMMS CNIG program on "The Changing Metadata Arena and Its Practitioners"
Sai.Deng at ucf.edu
Wed Apr 19 09:23:40 PDT 2017
*** Please excuse cross-posting ***
The ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) seeks speakers to present at the ALA Annual Conference to be held in Chicago on Saturday, June 24, 2017, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, metadata practitioners and cataloging and metadata managers, and be approximately 15 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
Theme: "The Changing Metadata Arena and Its Practitioners." Potential topics may include (but are not limited to):
* New metadata related projects and initiatives in digital repositories and other systems;
* Emerging and new practices, domain or characteristics of the metadata practitioners as well as practices left behind;
* The changing cataloging and metadata environment and how it affects metadata practitioner's work and choices;
* How identity management impacts digital repositories and authority control;
* Subject, thesaurus and keyword practices in digital repositories and how they work together to improve the user experiences and enhance discovery;
* Linked data implementation in digital repositories and content management systems;
* Metadata practitioners' role, collaboration and other work in the knowledge community and/or the researchers' research lifecycle;
* Support open access and improve digital repository services through metadata.
Please email proposal title and abstracts to co-chairs Jessalyn Zoom (jiwu at loc.gov<mailto:jiwu at loc.gov>) and Sai Deng (sai.deng at ucf.edu<mailto:sai.deng at ucf.edu>) by Sunday, April 30, 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you! And please let us know if you have any questions.
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group
Sai Deng (Sai.Deng at ucf.edu<mailto:Sai.Deng at ucf.edu>) and Jessalyn Zoom (jiwu at loc.gov<mailto:jiwu at loc.gov>), Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Bridges (ebridges at txwes.edu<mailto:ebridges at txwes.edu>) and Debra Skinner (dskinner at georgiasouthern.edu<mailto:dskinner at georgiasouthern.edu>), Co-Vice Chairs
More information about the Metadatalibrarians