[Metadatalibrarians] SUNYLA 2016 -- Call for Proposals -- Deadline Extended

Laura N Evans evans at binghamton.edu
Wed Jan 27 07:24:39 PST 2016

The State University of New York Library Association would love to get some
great proposals on tech services topics for this year's annual conference!
You don't need to be part of SUNY to participate in this great event.

**Please excuse cross-postings**

SUNYLA 2016: Convergence: Libraries from Every Direction

Binghamton University, SUNY

June 8-10, 2016

Call for Proposals
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12OsLrSvMEfpYBEPyMYbDPLUvRQY5Y75a6tk0lmUCJZ8/viewform>

Deadline for workshops and presentation proposals EXTENDED: February 12,
2016

Libraries today are situated at a point of convergence: where traditional
and innovative ideas, formats, and practices come together. The SUNYLA 2016
annual conference will explore convergence in academic libraries, including
how we navigate the convergence of print and digital worlds; how we balance
successful methods of the past with the drive to continuously improve our
spaces and services for the future; how all the departments and people
within a library work together to achieve our goals; and how libraries grow
stronger by collaborating with each other. Please join us at Binghamton
University, State University of New York, on June 8–10, 2016, as we
ourselves converge in order to share knowledge and strengthen our libraries.

We invite all SUNY and non-SUNY librarians and staff to submit proposals
for pre-conference workshops and conference presentations in the following
tracks:

   -

   Reference and Instruction
   -

   Cataloging and Technical Services
   -

   Archives and Special Collections
   -

   Systems and Technology
   -

   Collection Development
   -

   Public Services and Interlibrary Loan
   -

   Professional Development
   -

   Management and Leadership
   -

   Open Educational Resources
   -

   Scholarly Communication

If you are not sure which track your presentation would fit into, submit
your proposal anyway and we will determine which track would best suit your
idea.

Please submit proposals here: Call for Proposals
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12OsLrSvMEfpYBEPyMYbDPLUvRQY5Y75a6tk0lmUCJZ8/viewform>.
If you are submitting proposals for multiple workshops or presentations,
please fill out a separate form for each.

Deadline for workshop and presentation proposals EXTENDED: February 12, 2016

Pre-conference Workshops

               When?  Wednesday, June 8th

               Length of Time?  90 minutes

               Questions?  Contact:  Rosanne Humes, rosanne.humes at ncc.edu

Conference Presentations

               When? Thursday, June 9th and Friday, June 10th

               Length of Time?  45 minutes

Questions?  Contact:  Violet Price, violet.price at downstate.edu, or Trevor
Riley, riley at alfred.edu

For information on expense reimbursement, please refer to the Guidelines
for the SUNYLA Annual Conference Expenses
<http://www.sunyla.org/policies/conference-expenses>.

We look forward to seeing you all at SUNYLA 2016!

Laura Evans
Assistant Head of Cataloging
Binghamton University Libraries
P.O. Box 6012