[Metadatalibrarians] Join our team! Metadata Librarian, Mount Holyoke College

Sarah Goldstein sgoldste at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Apr 29 12:07:42 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues (with apologies for cross-postings),

We have reopened this search. Please share and help us get the word out!

-------

Mount Holyoke College seeks a service-oriented and tech-savvy professional
to help facilitate access to our outstanding digital collections.

Digital Assets and Preservation Services (DAPS), as part of the Discovery
and Access (DnA) division of Library, Information, and Technology Services
(LITS), supports the creation, access, management, and preservation of our
unique digital collections. This position will work across departments to
ensure access and discovery to these important materials. The Metadata
Librarian’s position is intended to give an entry-level professional the
opportunity to quickly gain a broad and experience-based understanding of
metadata management and bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to LITS. If
you: have a passion for metadata; are an enthusiastic and fearless user of
technology with the skills and curiosity to learn more; are committed to
working collaboratively within a diverse community of faculty, staff, and
students; are eager to apply your metadata experience, creativity,
flexibility, and sense of humor to our exciting and challenging
initiatives, then we encourage you to apply.

Mount Holyoke is committed to fostering multicultural diversity and
awareness in its faculty, staff, and student body.  Women and persons of
color are especially encouraged to apply. The Mount Holyoke campus has
grown increasingly diverse over the past fifteen years. We appreciate the
complexities of living and working in a diverse world and strive to find
ways to redress inequities. We particularly encourage people who share
these commitments to submit their applications.

For more information and instructions on how to apply, please visit:
http://jobsearch.mtholyoke.edu

Review of applications will begin on May 23 and continue until the position
is filled.

--
Sarah Goldstein
Associate Director of Discovery & Access