[Metadatalibrarians] Call for proposals -- ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group -- ALA Midwinter 2016
Susan.Matveyeva at wichita.edu
Fri Oct 2 09:03:01 PDT 2015
Please excuse cross-posting. ***
ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group seeks speakers to present at ALA Midwinter in Boston on Saturday, January 9th, 2016 at 10:30-11:30.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas and best practices on the dynamics of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows in the hybrid environment.
Presentation topics should be of current interest to catalogers, cataloging managers and administrators, and be approximately 15-20 minutes in length. Additional time will be allowed for questions and discussion.
Possible topics include (but not limited to):
* Cataloging and metadata norms in hybrid and digital libraries
* Linked data implementation in libraries
* The impact of RDA on non-MARC cataloging
* Experimentation with the BIBFRAME model
* Role of the cataloging/metadata librarian in data curation and research data services
* Cataloging/Metadata librarian collaboration with other library units and beyond the library
* Quality control and benchmarking
* Cataloging/metadata norms in cataloging education
Please email proposal titles and abstracts to co-chairs by Friday, October 31st, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Susan Matveyeva and Robert J. Rohrbacher
Susan Matveyeva, PhD, MLIS, B.Mus
Associate Professor, Catalog & Institutional Repository Librarian
Wichita State University Libraries
1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0068
Office: (316) 978-5139
Fax: (316) 978-3496
susan.matveyeva at wichita.edu<mailto:susan.matveyeva at wichita.edu>
Robert J. Rohrbacher
Metadata Librarian for Social Sciences & Government Documents Metadata Dept.
Stanford University Libraries
rrohrbac at stanford.edu
More information about the Metadatalibrarians