[Metadatalibrarians] accessibility metadata

Keenan, Teressa teressa.keenan at mso.umt.edu
Fri Apr 24 15:40:43 PDT 2015

Does anyone have any experience with including descriptive metadata about the accessibility of a resource?  I was just thinking along the lines of making it easier to search for all videos that have captions, or audio description, or indicating which PDFs are tagged with headings structure.  Being able to limit searches for materials that are known to work with screen readers etc.  would be very beneficial.  We're currently working mostly with Dublin Core and MARC21 but I'd be interested in seeing any examples no matter the standards being followed.

Thanks
Teressa

Teressa M. Keenan
Head, Bibliographic Management Services/Metadata Librarian,
Associate Professor
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library - MLIB 345
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812-9936
teressa.keenan at umontana.edu , (406) 243-4592